Does increase in financial aid for "childcare" include private school?

Started by deleted480308
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted480308

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My wife has been asking, and I can't find a specific answer to it anywhere although I bet the answer is no. I know you can get an increase in cost of attendance for "childcare expenses" but I'm wondering if that category includes private school tuition...

anyone here know?
 
It depends on the school you go to. This falls under the area of "professional judgement." Some financial aid coordinators will allow a student budget increase for dependent's private school tuition while others may scoff. At my school, a student's cost of attendance figures will be increased for private school, with proper documentation of expenses.