Does it look bad to leave job during cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted980501

I've recently applied but started a job as a lab technician around June and have been here since then.

Current commute is almost 3hours per day back and forth, I'm thinking about looking for a job more related to dental care such as dental office would be better.

Have almost 3years of research with 4publications and at a point where I think application comes off as "i love research and interested in dentistry" which could be a concern?

I've been shadowing dentists and volunteering consistently at dental clinics for 2years now.

I'm mainly concerned that if I leave this lab technician position which I've had for ~3months now it might raise an eyebrow.

Members don't see this ad.

I've recently applied but started a job as a lab technician around June and have been here since then.

Current commute is almost 3hours per day back and forth, I'm thinking about looking for a job more related to dental care such as dental office would be better.

Have almost 3years of research with 4publications and at a point where I think application comes off as "i love research and interested in dentistry" which could be a concern?

I've been shadowing dentists and volunteering consistently at dental clinics for 2years now.

I'm mainly concerned that if I leave this lab technician position which I've had for ~3months now it might raise an eyebrow.

3 hour commute? Thats crazy.

you will be fine. It probably won’t play much weight. You have a good reason to quit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would guess not! If asked during an interview, you have a very understandable reason for leaving. People change jobs all the time and like you said, you've already displayed your interest in research on other parts of your resume... you're good. Lose the commute!

I don’t think you are required to update about how you earn money, therefore schools wouldn’t know and it becomes moot.

I don't think it makes a difference. If there's a better opportunity close to home you should take it. I am sure if you explain (if it ever comes up, in the interview), you will be fine.