Is it bad that I don't remember much from DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist420

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT in March and got a 24AA. Now, I don't remember much and I was wondering if this is a bad sign? I'm asking because I know that I need a good memory to succeed in dental school and I would need to remember info from all 4 years.

Members don't see this ad.

youll be fine, I dont remember much from the DAT either, and it's information you won't necessarily be tested on in dental school. You will be overloaded with information, and what's important to dentistry will stick as it gets repeated a lot over multiple courses. So don't stress!

Reactions: 1 users
I took the DAT in March and got a 24AA. Now, I don't remember much and I was wondering if this is a bad sign? I'm asking because I know that I need a good memory to succeed in dental school and I would need to remember info from all 4 years.
Who wants to remember keyholes? Don't worry about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're not alone in this boat. I was the same way. Many things get lost over time without consistent repetition. Thankfully you will not need to recall the mitochondria when doing dentistry years from now.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You're not alone in this boat. I was the same way. Many things get lost over time without consistent repetition. Thankfully you will not need to recall the mitochondria when doing dentistry years from now.
I know that I won't need any of the info from the test, but my point is that if I can't remember anything from a test I took in March, how can I remember 4 years worth of information when it comes time to test for board exams?

I know that I won't need any of the info from the test, but my point is that if I can't remember anything from a test I took in March, how can I remember 4 years worth of information when it comes time to test for board exams?
Practice. Lots of Practice. Tedious, mind-numbing practice. ;)

Alternatively: "Passion for dentistry" said 10 times every morning when you wake up and every night when you go to bed.

Last edited:
Ah there are a lot of resources that will help you review for the exam and pass. My class's pass rate was like 98% and I don't think everyone had stellar recall abilities of 4 years of worth of info. You will be fine.

You will be surprised how much info you will be able to absorb and recall. Once you learn it, relearning things gets easier with time. Study resources for boards are solid and schools generally have high passing rates for board exams. I wouldn’t stress about this too much rn!