Does it matter if I go to a school that doesn't have a PT school program if I am interested in PT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reohgoingplaces

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied to Tarleton State University and got accepted, however they don't have a PT school, but only a really good nursing program. Would it be best for me to apply to a university that does have a PT school for my undergrad degree and then go straight into the PT school?

Members don't see this ad.

Your undergrad school doesn't need to have a PT school. I think there are only a little over 200 PT schools in the US and there are around 2000 colleges/universities (not including another 2000 or so 2 yr schools), so most people probably come from a college that doesn't have a PT program.

Where you went to undergrad really does not matter.

Just make sure you complete all prerequisite courses and get excellent grades

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't really matter but you should shoot for a PT school or a school that has some kind of affiliate agreement. It ^ your chances of getting in. There's tons of them at my school and you finish school faster.

I've applied to Tarleton State University and got accepted, however they don't have a PT school, but only a really good nursing program. Would it be best for me to apply to a university that does have a PT school for my undergrad degree and then go straight into the PT school?
I would say if you have a choice I would strongly suggest you attend an undergrad program at a school that has a DPT program. I feel it's easier to get into a program if you attend undergrad there. Just my opinion.