How do I know if I am waitlisted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theptgirl24

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I’ve applied to a school and got an interview on November 17th. I believe that I did really good but I haven’t heard back with an acceptance, rejection or anything stating that I’m on the waitlist. Other students have gotten acceptance letters as well.
I was apart of the early decision interview but the school has another round in January. Since I haven't heard back, does it mean I could be waitlisted? I’ve been feeling really anxious because it’s my number one school. I sent an email to ask for an update but I feel like that was a bad decision.

Members don't see this ad.

If you traveled, paid to apply to a school, and/or put in effort to interviewing at a school, it's not a bad decision to investigate where you are after the interview. Just take into consideration most schools don't usually send out information until mid December anyway. I was notified almost immediately about my waitlist/acceptance status, but I emailed the program admins anyway to know where I was, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Thank you so much for that. I sent them an email and they haven’t responded. It’s been a week. I’m just hoping it’s good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Happy New Year! I haven’t heard a response back from them yet. I don’t know what to do now. The second round of I reviews is January 5th. Don’t know if I should send another email or just continue to wait. Any advice?

Hi! Happy New Year! I haven’t heard a response back from them yet. I don’t know what to do now. The second round of I reviews is January 5th. Don’t know if I should send another email or just continue to wait. Any advice?
You won't be bugging an admissions office if you send a check-in email once a month, and you're getting up to a month now.

Is this program one that likes to withhold all offers until later in the spring, or do they just do rolling offers with a deadline to fill the class by March (usual date for traffic rules)? I'm guessing you are probably still "under review" or in an "alternate status" until they are done interviewing everyone. Those with offers likely best addressed their alignment with the program's mission and identity in their entire application.

Reactions: 1 user
It could be a possibility that they withhold offers . On their website it states that they utilize a rolling admissions model. Their matriculation starts in June. I also retook some classes in the fall and haven't sent my transcript yet. Could it be because of that? Does that mean I did terrible on the interview? I think I did great. I don't know what to believe. Maybe I can check in a few weeks after the second round of interviews?

Update, I’ve been waitlisted for this school of choice. Hopefully I hear back with an acceptance. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 2 users