Does it matter if verifying PT is MPT or DPT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PathforwardtoDPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently requesting observation/volunteer hours to be verified. PTCAS says that the verification needs to be from a "licensed physical therapist." I have a few clinics that had MPTs rather than DPTs. Will this matter when schools look at who verified it? Does a verification from a DPT weigh more heavily than that of an MPT's?

Thanks.
 
One of the clinics I observed at was run by an older PT who still had the BPT. It wasn't an issue at all. Some may disagree, but having a DPT doesn't necessarily make one a better PT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Makes no difference whatsoever. Licensure is independent of degree.


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Exactly. One of the PTs let me take a peek at their verification form and I now that I think about it they don't even ask for degree info. I think they just insert their license info and verify their contact info.