Does lab assistant position count as research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mercyfriend

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Thanks for anyone who responds!
Does a lab assistant position count as research? I was a lab assistant for a plant pathology lab, and while I didn’t write on the papers or make any publications, I did a lot of the media making, some plant inoculations, just lab stuff. I mean if it doesn’t count as research experience, would this just be employment non animal experience? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Does a lab assistant position count as research? I was a lab assistant for a plant pathology lab, and while I didn’t write on the papers or make any publications, I did a lot of the media making, some plant inoculations, just lab stuff. I mean if it doesn’t count as research experience, would this just be employment non animal experience? Thank you!
I would count it as research.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I'd count it as research.

Reactions: 1 user
I was an undergrad assistant. If what you are doing helps with their experiment data which eventually leads to a journal submission then yes I would count it.

I counted being a lab assistant as research on my application when I applied.