Does Pharmacy Make You Uglier?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxliteguy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've work in retail and mail order pharmacy for 3 years now as a technician. I've noticed all the stress, fast-pace repetitive work, and constant yelling from the customers has made me older, more wrinkled, and as a result more uglier. I've also noticed my attitude has grown much worse. I now work in a mail order pharmacy and have noticed my fellow technicians and pharmacists as fat lazy and ugly people with bad attitudes. When I started, I met this one hot pharmacist. Now after working for a year, she's grown fatter from the constant sitting and stress. I mean in a mail order pharmacy, we sit down all day long by the computer, stare at the screen, and type or verify as many prescriptions as possible. This constant sitting down and staring at the screen has hurt my back, legs, neck, and strained my eyes. I've also developed hemorrhoids and stomach ulcers.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the whole "making you more wrinkly and older" proposition. However, I don't think that necessarily can make you uglier. Don't say that, lol.
I can't say that I get fat with the arrival of stress, because I have actually lost weight since I began undergrad. Odd.

In all seriousness, it all depends on your attitude. If you take bitterness, hatred, anger, worry, and pain to and from the workplace you're bound to suffer. As within, so without.

No, work generally makes you look older (and time of course).

I've work in retail and mail order pharmacy for 3 years now as a technician. I've noticed all the stress, fast-pace repetitive work, and constant yelling from the customers has made me older, more wrinkled, and as a result more uglier. I've also noticed my attitude has grown much worse. I now work in a mail order pharmacy and have noticed my fellow technicians and pharmacists as fat lazy and ugly people with bad attitudes. When I started, I met this one hot pharmacist. Now after working for a year, she's grown fatter from the constant sitting and stress. I mean in a mail order pharmacy, we sit down all day long by the computer, stare at the screen, and type or verify as many prescriptions as possible. This constant sitting down and staring at the screen has hurt my back, legs, neck, and strained my eyes. I've also developed hemorrhoids and stomach ulcers.

Start hanging out with us medical types. Just our presence alone will make you cooler, mellower, and way better looking.

We are in class - sitting - for 24 hrs a week not including clinicals, exams, or hour biweekly experiential... I packed on 15 my first year - lost most of it in the summer - now 5 lbs are back on.

I am pretty much hoping that my CV system makes it through pharmacy school... :xf:

~above~

Start hanging out with us medical types. Just our presence alone will make you cooler, mellower, and way better looking.
LOL isn't medical school just as stressful if not more? I wouldn't know since I haven't made it to that point but I was just wondering.

I on P90X 65 days now.....I recommend it to those who cant make it to the gym...took off years from my mom...Im only 19 so it just a regiment i picced up since football is no longer an option and cant find time for the gym

Members don't see this ad :)
I on P90X 65 days now.....I recommend it to those who cant make it to the gym...took off years from my mom...Im only 19 so it just a regiment i picced up since football is no longer an option and cant find time for the gym

P90X <- I'm usually very skeptical about dietary regimens becauses well as we all know, they aren't regulated by the FDA and often tout bogus claims. I tend to think anything with exercise will make you loss weight as long as you eat moderately.

19 ~ and a pharmacy student? When did you graduate High School? 16?

I graduated 17, year early and did my pre-pharm at hampton U, Im in the Hampton COP

I've been a pharmacist for 22 years, and this is me:
anouk_aimee_1.jpg

I think I'm still quite pretty. I could totally pass for a high schooler if I tried though.

19 ~ and a pharmacy student? When did you graduate High School? 16?
There was a girl in the class ahead of mine that started pharmacy school when she was 19. I also know another girl in med school who's the same age who's also an M1.

i will be using the money i make as a pharmacist to get a face lift

I was joking in my previous post; that was actress Anouk Aimee, who starred opposite Marcello Mastroianni in Felini's 8 1/2.

Now this is me:
374809924_6b797cd6ba.jpg

I was joking in my previous post; that was actress Anouk Aimee, who starred opposite Marcello Mastroianni in Felini's 8 1/2.

Now this is me:
374809924_6b797cd6ba.jpg

A cigarette and a shiner. Must have been a rough day.

I think my looks have improved somewhat. When I was a computer nerd, I didn't care what I looked like because the machines in the machine room didn't comment on it.

Now that I'm in front of the public regularly, I care a lot more. To that end, I'm a lot more clean cut. I quit smoking which has improved the way my skin looks. And I've lost 45lbs. If I was 20 years younger, I'd almost be hot. LOL

I seem to have the opposite problem. People tell me I haven't aged a day since I was 18.

You look 15 in one of your avatar pics. Lucky you...when you are 50, you'll be going out with 20 year olds. Wish I could go out with 20 year olds ;).

You look 15 in one of your avatar pics. Lucky you...when you are 50, you'll be going out with 20 year olds. Wish I could go out with 20 year olds ;).

I go to the mall and high school girls hit on me. "Umm...what does that say? Suncrest Middle School? Uh...yeah, I'm 25, youngin'."

People only get ugly when they "let go of themselves", meaning not taking care of themselves, not eating right, not exercising, not wearing sunblock, no use of anti-wrinkle creams, stress etc. I kno, i kno, its hard to focus on yourself when you've got so much going on, but it's also your health! I mean once you lose that, it gets depressing. So, learn to meditate and cleanse yourself.

I actually care more about how I look now, but maybe it's because I've noticed my skin aging faster (less "glow", more oil) after entering pharmacy school.

According to family and friends, much to my disbelief, my hairline has receded since I started working in a pharmacy. My dad is 55 and his hairline hasn't receded a bit.
That's not good, but I got more gray hair now :smuggrin: :luck: