Does PS put more emphasis on gen chem or physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn2314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious to know which topic the PS section is more heavily weighted on (or if it's 50/50).

I ask this because I know that the BS seems to be much more geared towards bio than ochem, and honestly physics scares the shizonkers out of me (probably because I took it in a 5 week summer course with a terrible professor and learned nothing).

I obviously know that I still need to put a lot of time into learning physics, but I would definitely love to hear that its something like 30% of the PS. If not, I guess I have my work cut out for me.

Thanks for the replies :D

Members don't see this ad.

if u suck at physics go into the test with the mind set the majority of it will be physics..

realistically it will be 50/50 but some tests are a little more physics heavy whilst some are GC heavy.

dont play the lottery. u will lose.

if u suck at physics go into the test with the mind set the majority of it will be physics..

realistically it will be 50/50 but some tests are a little more physics heavy whilst some are GC heavy.

dont play the lottery. u will lose.

Thanks. I guess I just didn't really know how to prioritize the timing because I also didn't want to freak out about physics so that's all I studied and then get destroyed by everything else.

Last edited:
I was curious to know which topic the PS section is more heavily weighted on (or if it's 50/50).

I ask this because I know that the BS seems to be much more geared towards bio than ochem, and honestly physics scares the shizonkers out of me (probably because I took it in a 5 week summer course with a terrible professor and learned nothing).

I obviously know that I still need to put a lot of time into learning physics, but I would definitely love to hear that its something like 30% of the PS. If not, I guess I have my work cut out for me.

Thanks for the replies :D

Physics is everything! jk...well, no, not really. Understanding physics allows you to understand gen chem so, so much better. Once I understood physics better, my gen chem studying became a lot easier. If you're just starting your studying, hit physics hard every day and keep working on gen chem every other day. You'll see how everything in gen chem starts to make a lot more sense intuitively and it'll feel like a lot less effort. Good luck!

In my experience, it was slightly more Physics than Genchem.

But each one is very important. Master both of them and you will do very well on the section.