Does resolution authorship count as publication for residency apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wellbutrin.girlfriend

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all, I was told that authorship of a resolution that is passed/adopted by a state and/or national medical association can count as a publication for residency applications--is this true? If so, how is this viewed by residencies compared to an actual peer-reviewed journal article or a poster? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Hi y'all, I was told that authorship of a resolution that is passed/adopted by a state and/or national medical association can count as a publication for residency applications--is this true? If so, how is this viewed by residencies compared to an actual peer-reviewed journal article or a poster? Thanks!
I personally would consider this an extracurricular activity/community involvement and not a publication. Even if it may technically be one for ERAS (not sure that is true), no one would view it that way, they'd view it as an EC. Just put it in as an EC. Anyone who looks close enough for it to matter will not care if it's not listed in publications.

Reactions: 1 user
I personally would consider this an extracurricular activity/community involvement and not a publication. Even if it may technically be one for ERAS (not sure that is true), no one would view it that way, they'd view it as an EC. Just put it in as an EC. Anyone who looks close enough for it to matter will not care if it's not listed in publications.
Thank you!