Does "Should Have Decision Shortly" mean Rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dev9036

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Dear SDNers,

So From Upenn, I heard that they have not yet made decision about me. I was interviewed on Oct. 9th. Well, I know its unusual that they havent made decision so far. Would you guyz consider it to be Rejection? Does any of you had similar Experience and What did the result came out to be?:confused::rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, never heard of that happening. Well, they sure as hell can't be reviewing your scores, because they're way up there. So I wouldn't take it as such a bad thing, no.

Hmm, never heard of that happening. Well, they sure as hell can't be reviewing your scores, because they're way up there. So I wouldn't take it as such a bad thing, no.

Thnx for your advice...I hope thats the case..:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
In what world does someone telling you that they haven't made a decision equate to rejection?

In what world does someone telling you that they haven't made a decision equate to rejection?

In Holy-crap-I'm-so-nervous-I-just-applied-to-dental-school-and-I-want-to-get-in-so-badly-that-I-think-everything-that-happens-is-a-bad-thing-land. It's where all the applicants move after their interviews :D

In Holy-crap-I'm-so-nervous-I-just-applied-to-dental-school-and-I-want-to-get-in-so-badly-that-I-think-everything-that-happens-is-a-bad-thing-land. It's where all the applicants move after their interviews :D

well u are bit rite...tho....but it just seems wiered to me that I was interivewed in Oct...and no decision yet...while ppl interviewed even on 25th nov...got their decisions....I got in other schools...but i was hoping more from penn with Deans...and so far dont even have decision so was kind nervousss.:idea:

Oh sometimes..just to avoid saying " U are rejected over the phone" I thought they might say..havent made decision yet...thats what i thought...:scared:

well u are bit rite...tho....but it just seems wiered to me that I was interivewed in Oct...and no decision yet...while ppl interviewed even on 25th nov...got their decisions....I got in other schools...but i was hoping more from penn with Deans...and so far dont even have decision so was kind nervousss.:idea:

hey don't mean to discourage you but i think if they were going to give you Dean's, they would have already made that decision. you might still be able to hear good news from them but if you are hoping for Dean's, well that might be slightly out of the question. But you never know...it could still be possible. All i'm trying to say is don't let that be your deciding factor!
congrats on getting in elsewhere. :thumbup:

hey don't mean to discourage you but i think if they were going to give you Dean's, they would have already made that decision. you might still be able to hear good news from them but if you are hoping for Dean's, well that might be slightly out of the question. But you never know...it could still be possible. All i'm trying to say is don't let that be your deciding factor!
congrats on getting in elsewhere. :thumbup:

yea i know..what u are saying becoz most ppl who got Deans were sent out their acceptance on Dec1st...there is no point of hoping that anymore...unless a miracle may happen...:xf:

yea i know..what u are saying becoz most ppl who got Deans were sent out their acceptance on Dec1st...there is no point of hoping that anymore...unless a miracle may happen...:xf:

doubtful