Does Statistics count toward you scigpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liquidsnake02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking Statistics and Bio Statistics in the coming term, would that count toward my science gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

yes as long as its offered under the math or bio department. I took mine as bio class and unfortunately for me, it counted into my science GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
yes as long as its offered under the math or bio department. I took mine as bio class and unfortunately for me, it counted into my science GPA
Not true.

It depends on the content of the course, so it may come from nearly any dept. Stats from psych can count in the BCPM GPA for example.

This is correct.

So, the consensus is that it counts no matter what department it is from because you're not very likely to take statistics from the history department.

Though, I suppose if you wrangle a spot in the cushy "ENG 101 - Introduction to Statistics While Writing Words on Paper" class, it wouldn't count.

So, the consensus is that it counts no matter what department it is from because you're not very likely to take statistics from the history department.

That is incorrect.

Hist 243 - History of Statistics: A statistical and chronological analysis of statistics.

Read'em and weep boyssss. :cool:

this thread asks if statistics counts toward sciGPA.

you are all answering whether statistics counts toward BCPM.

Answer fail. Statistics is not included in sciGPA

AACOMAS does not include math courses in their science GPA calculation.

Though I will acknowledge that OP probably doesn't realize he asked the question he asked.

READ'EM AND WEEP FRAZIER

Random but related... Do you guys think a graduate Biomedical Ethics class counts in sciGPA? It's listed as a BMSC (biomedical science) course at my school.

Random but related... Do you guys think a graduate Biomedical Ethics class counts in sciGPA? It's listed as a BMSC (biomedical science) course at my school.

When I took a course in biomedical ethics, I learned little biology and mostly philosophy. I was auditing that class, but if I had taken it for credit I would not have counted it as BCPM based on its content.