Does taking classes at multiple schools look bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JKetlerP

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided a little while back to take pre-requisites for med-school, and only now is it dawning on me that taking classes at multiple schools may look bad.

In the interest of time, I have ended up taking Bio and Gen. Chem 1 and 2 and one institution, Physics 1 at another, and am currently taking Physics 2 and Orgo 1 at different schools. It's just the way scheduling and class availability worked out for me. But that is 4 schools so far, and could be more if I keep this up.

I read this thread, but it seems to be mostly traditional students, in which case all the credits are going to be listed from one college at the end of the day. In my case, they wouldn't be (I'm non-matric).

Is this going to hurt me? If so, how much?

EDIT (in response to Coltuna): I'm worried that it will look like I'm indecisive, inconsistent, trying to get out of hard classes, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't see how this would hurt you in any way.

I don't see how this would hurt you in any way.
I''m worried it would look like I'm flaky, trying to get out of hard classes, etc.
I'm going to edit the opening post and mention this, thanks for pointing out that I wasn't clear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Non-trad here. I had a total of nine different transcripts. Didn't have any negative effect that I'm aware of!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No, it's not going to hurt you.

I decided a little while back to take pre-requisites for med-school, and only now is it dawning on me that taking classes at multiple schools may look bad.

In the interest of time, I have ended up taking Bio and Gen. Chem 1 and 2 and one institution, Physics 1 at another, and am currently taking Physics 2 and Orgo 1 at different schools. It's just the way scheduling and class availability worked out for me. But that is 4 schools so far, and could be more if I keep this up.

I read this thread, but it seems to be mostly traditional students, in which case all the credits are going to be listed from one college at the end of the day. In my case, they wouldn't be (I'm non-matric).

EDIT (in response to Coltuna): I'm worried that it will look like I'm indecisive, inconsistent, trying to get out of hard classes, etc.

Reactions: 1 user

No one cares as long as your gpa's and MCAT are strong.

If you have a good reason to do it, you're probably fine.

If you're taking all easy classes at a 4 yr and all your hard classes at a community college, that might make people wonder. Otherwise, I think you're fine as a lot of us nontrads have multiple transcripts.

You should be fine. Like others have shared, I had multiple transcripts and was dual enrolled one semester while doing my pre reqs to stay on schedule while working. It has not come up in interviews.

The rules are a bit different for nontraditional students with many responsibilities. As long as your getting A's no one seems to sweat the details.

That's just a part of being a non-trad. I'd bet there's a lot of us that have attended more than one institution.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks all for the responses! I'm relieved!

Reactions: 1 users