Does the course count as BCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlakeC93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took PSY 4083: Biological Foundations of Behavior. Will this course count towards my science GPA? I went in to the course thinking it would be just another science elective, but somebody told me it could be counted towards my science GPA on AMCAS. The course textbook is called Neuroscience: Understanding the Brain, and the course focuses on the molecular physiology of neuroscience as well as the gross anatomy.

I know it does not have the BCPM prefix, but "Biological" is in the title.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Having taken similar interdisciplinary courses and having had them marked (and kept) as BCPM on my AMCAS, I'd say it would most likely count. The worst that could happen is that you get a picky reviewer and it gets changed, so go for it! :thumbup:

Having taken similar interdisciplinary courses and having had them marked (and kept) as BCPM on my AMCAS, I'd say it would most likely count. The worst that could happen is that you get a picky reviewer and it gets changed, so go for it! :thumbup:

That's exciting. Another A for my science GPA!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also appeal using syllabus. Put an astronomy course under geology (it was offered through geology dept) thought that there is another step later where I can pick which is BCPM and which isn't. Had it changed to physics by amcas.

I just changed to a psych major and I have similar concerns regarding pulling up my sGPA. I have been told that what they will include in that GPA on AMCAS can vary but many people have had success in getting their non BCPM classes included, even things like business economics. Let's hope we have some luck.