Does the order of EC's listed really matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pipersnap

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What order are you guys listing your EC's in? Chronological? Most glamorous-sounding? I have over 15 and I really don't know how to list them appropriately because they were all pretty important to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Your entire resume should be in chronological order (most current listed first). 15 ECs is a lot... I would only list those that have made an impact on your decision to follow the pharmacy profession.... ECs that you'll likely talk about in the interviews to showcase your interests, skills. You're supposed to sell yourself on the resume, keep what would look most impressive.

ADN I think the OP is talking about on PharmCAS since it specifies to order by importance. I am putting it in order of importance since it says so. I haven't sorted it out yet but I definitely would think its important. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PharmCAS says to list in order of importance. In my opinion, that's pretty subjective. So, it's entirely UP to you.

Some would tell you to place the pharmacy-related ones (eg: working as a pharm tech or volunteering in a hospital pharmacy) at the top. However, I did it differently - my volunteer gig at the hospital pharmacy was, to me, less important than my other ECs. For example, I have experience as a teaching assistant and a tutor - those were placed at the top because I am proud of my teaching experiences and it was one of my main reasons for pursuing pharmacy. I ranked being a teaching assistant above tutoring because I felt that I had more of a leadership role there.

So... whatever experiences you have, just rank it however you like. There's no wrong way of doing it.