This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alessandra20

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I am pretty sure this is a stupid question but doesn’t hurt to ask but I am applying to pharmacy schools this cycle and am currently in my last year That being said, will it hurt me if I take biochem after I apply? i currently am taking genetics, Orgo lab, and bio stats and all I have left for the winter is biochem, micro, and Econ. I was going to take biochem this fall but the only professor offering it basically designed the class for students to struggle and possibly fail (his words exactly) and I would rather take it with a different professor than to hurt my gpa. Do schools care if I take biochem after I apply? Or does it not hurt me or my chances at getting in? I do have it listed as a future course on PHARMCAS.

p.s this professor is known at my university for being pretty much evil and even has a 1.9 rate my professor rating and a 12% would take again. Choose your fighter basically.

Any feedback would be really helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a required course for your application to pharmacy school? Or is it required to graduate from undergrad for your major?

Is it a required course for your application to pharmacy school? Or is it required to graduate from undergrad for your major?
it is a prerequisite class for pharmacy school before I enter. I understand biochem is a major class and I was wondering if myself taking it next semester will make my application look bad?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would venture to say that as long as you take it before you enter then you should be fine. I would think that protecting your GPA would be higher priority than moving a course back a semester!

If it's a pre-req, you just have to complete it before beginning pharmacy school. Doesn't matter if you've taken it before or after application.

Reactions: 1 user
You can write it as in-progress or planned course.
That's will gonna fullfill ur requirements and you will need to finish and update ur course before admitted pharmd program begins

It's common for many programs to grant students a contingent acceptance once pre-reqs are finished prior to the start of the program. Most admins also allow 2 or 3 pending science classes at time of interview so long as it's listed on PharmCAS (and depending on the classes).