Does this constitute "state ties"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YourAveragePremed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I lived in Tennessee until the age of 9, and my father currently has a clinic in TN. I'm currently living in a neighboring state; are those decent ties?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You'll need to look at that state's schools' requirements to receive in-state status/tuition. It probably has something to do with specific language from the statute that provides funding from the state to the medical school, so it really varies from state to state.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Read

But I agree... if you live in a rural county in Appalachia, you probably will get some preference for schools with a rural health mission or focus.

I lived in Tennessee until the age of 9, and my father currently has a clinic in TN. I'm currently living in a neighboring state; are those decent ties?
Yes, Quillen would almost certainly consider those strong ties. Also, Quillen gives high consideration to out-of-state applicants who live within a 250 (I think that's the number they use) mile radius of campus.

Reactions: 1 user