Sending letter about ties if I forgot to include it in the secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tennis4217

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to some schools like University of Illinois and University of Massachusetts which I think care about ties. My father was raised in Illinois but my family moved away from Illinois and I don't currently have family there but I think I should have included that in my secondary. Similarly, my brother moved to Massachusetts 3 months ago which I didn't include in the essays for U Mass, just in the residency section and I don't think admissions committees read that section.

Should I send an update letter talking about my ties to these 2 schools or would that be harmful because that shows that I wasn't careful and I didn't include my ties in the secondary when I should have? Thank you for your help!