Does this count as a nonscience letter of rec?

Dec 18, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was apart of a psychology professors research lab course where we researched reproductive/sexual health disparities. I got the chance to be 1st/2nd/3rd author on posters, improve my writings etc. I got letter grades each semester, received all A’s with her, and we formed a great relationship. I think she could speak to my character wonderfully but I’m not sure if this will count as a non science letter rec, since I did not take a traditional sit down psychology course with exams etc? I thought it would since I did receive grades and such with her but idk. I don’t really have any other nonscience LOR options I was gonna ask so now I’m kind of worried lol. any insight? the title of the course was “research internship in psych”

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
looks like a good LoR. But its probably better to receive a non-science LoR from a person who can talk about your character outside research/science setting, which can be hard for engineering majors.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads