Does this count as a nonscience letter of rec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahaha123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was apart of a psychology professors research lab course where we researched reproductive/sexual health disparities. I got the chance to be 1st/2nd/3rd author on posters, improve my writings etc. I got letter grades each semester, received all A’s with her, and we formed a great relationship. I think she could speak to my character wonderfully but I’m not sure if this will count as a non science letter rec, since I did not take a traditional sit down psychology course with exams etc? I thought it would since I did receive grades and such with her but idk. I don’t really have any other nonscience LOR options I was gonna ask so now I’m kind of worried lol. any insight? the title of the course was “research internship in psych”

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
looks like a good LoR. But its probably better to receive a non-science LoR from a person who can talk about your character outside research/science setting, which can be hard for engineering majors.