Does this count as a "semester of Calc"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZRCMed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know that many/most medical schools require a semester of calculus. I was wondering if this class would fulfill the requirement: Elements of Calculus " Introductory topics in differential and integral calculus." It isn't "Calculus 1" but rather a survey of Calc 1 + 2. Does this fill the requirement or do I need to take Calc 1?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I know that many/most medical schools require a semester of calculus. I was wondering if this class would fulfill the requirement: Elements of Calculus " Introductory topics in differential and integral calculus." It isn't "Calculus 1" but rather a survey of Calc 1 + 2. Does this fill the requirement or do I need to take Calc 1?

It will most likely fulfill it.

I'd ask your college pre-health advisor, as no one here will be as familiar with your school's curriculum.

I'd ask your college pre-health advisor, as no one here will be as familiar with your school's curriculum.

^Snarky's right.

That being said, a survey course that covers calc I & II would seem likely to cover the requirement for a single-semester course.