Does this count as clinical experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Open_Main

Reaction score
Hello, I worked in a lab that had senior participants whom were diagnosed with having high blood. The lab was testing a new drug to help reduce that blood pressure. The seniors would exercise in the lab and one of my roles was to measure their blood pressure. I also monitored them when they exercised to make sure they were safe. Overall I would interact with them, talk with them recreationally and also explain information about the lab if they were confused. Would this count as a clinical lab experience?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I worked in a lab that had senior participants whom were diagnosed with having high blood. The lab was testing a new drug to help reduce that blood pressure. The seniors would exercise in the lab and one of my roles was to measure their blood pressure. I also monitored them when they exercised to make sure they were safe. Overall I would interact with them, talk with them recreationally and also explain information about the lab if they were confused. Would this count as a clinical lab experience?

Thank you!!

I would. It sounds like they were patients in a clinical trial with a drug made in the laboratory. Sounds like a clinical lab experience to me!

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a Clinical Experience.

Definitely sounds like clinical experience to me - I had a friend with a similar research position that also labeled it as clinical experience!

Reactions: 1 user
Open_Main said:

Thank you!!
Why would this not be considered clinical experience?