Does this happen in the real boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

priam18

issointou - MS2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I've been using UWorld to study for the boards, since they're supposed to be most representative of the real thing (or, a little harder). The thing is, I've come across a few questions that while my line of thinking was okay, and the reasoning behind it was very sound, my answer didn't match with the correct answer. I read the explanation they give for the correct answer, but while I understand the other reasoning, I find it hard to understand why one answer is 'better' than another.

This isn't me griping about my Uworld performance, I'm just wondering whether in the real test, you come across questions that you KNOW in a real situation, your guess would be a very valid diagnosis, and would be something you would treat for, but it might not be the most 'likely' choice? And if that's the case, then how do you decide what's the most likely choice, and thereby pick the correct answer?

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely. When I took it there were a bunch that I was stuck between 2 answers, but also you don't get the correct answer on the Step like you do in UW, so you don't really know. Just go with your gut. It'll be right more often than it's wrong.