Does this qualify as a science professor LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1008763

I have read that you should have two letters from science professors who taught a course you took. I have one letter from an inorganic chemistry professor and the professor who was the instructor of my honors thesis courses, two courses I took for university credit in back-to-back semesters of my last year, and he is on my transcript as the instructor. Does my thesis advisor count for the science professor requirement, or is this not really considered a course I took? He is a science professor regardless.

My other LORs are a humanities professor, 2 physicians I scribed for, and the leader of the camp I volunteered for. My most meaningful activities were my thesis, scribing, and being a camp counselor.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, a professor who has supervised your thesis was, we presume, teaching you things and assessing your progress in meeting certain learning objectives. That counts in our book as someone who has taught you.

Reactions: 1 user