Does TPR science book topics correspond to topics in AAMC student manual?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruxia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2004 TPR book and it says the topic correspond to topics in AAMC student manual, however, it does not. I'm wondering whether it is because the new books changed significantly from the old books. Is the lattest version of TPR science book written in such a way that it correspond to the topics listed in AAMC student manual. I don't want buy the expensive books again.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have the 2004 edition but the 2009 does IIRC. Are you sure they don't correspond? The chapters may not be titled the same as the headings of the topics the MCAT tests but the current TPR books follow the same general outline as every other major test review company. They are quite detailed, though, if you're talking about the content review.

I have books of the lastest edition from all the other major of the company, like EK, TBR, kaplan. But I feel that none are written exactly according to the topics in AAMC student manual.