Does which medical school you go to really matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamid32

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering whether you guys think which medical school you go to really matters. if not, why wouldnt we all just do horribly in college and go to the worst one.

fanks

Members don't see this ad.

hamid32 said:
I was wondering whether you guys think which medical school you go to really matters. if not, why wouldnt we all just do horribly in college and go to the worst one.

fanks

because you probably wouldn't get into any med school if you did horribly in college

hamid32 said:

fanks

I think that it matters in most cases, unless you have awesome grades and stellar board scores, in which case it matters less. Look at the match lists for the schools you want to apply to, and factor that into your decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend doing a thread search and you will find that this topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

AznDoc said:
I recommend doing a thread search and you will find that this topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

Agreed.