Does your district run like this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok check it out....My district has 12 stores. I manage one. obviously. my DM hires all part time flexi-staff. We do not have adequate coverage for any incidental problems. Example... a pharmacist quits, goes on PTO, has an accident, family emergency, etc...so my scheduler or DM at this moment will call on US, the 80 hour managers to cover anything he can get. The problem is, i'm so exhausted from running/working my store (which does very well) i want some time to myself. I do however cover quite a bit when asked. maybe 60/40 split, cover to no cover respectively, when asked....but this district is ALWAYS losing someone ya know? so it's cyclical and we are all exhausted....To be honest im losing my Effing mind......"All work and no play makes jack a dull boy"

The guy is calling me and i know it's to cover some BS...... gimme some good excuses.....lol .....good ones...get creative...could be fun...

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would come up with some sort of complex story about how you manage a business from home and you need to be there. Make sure it sounds like hobby income and nothing threatening to your current commitment.

Tell them that you sell online items for video games like world of Warcraft. You sell online video game gold to children that stole their parents money. Something that is not easy to track or would trip you up later as your making crap up.

There ya go... that’s the first thing that came to my mind. I think it sounds pretty good

I would come up with some sort of complex story about how you manage a business from home and you need to be there. Make sure it sounds like hobby income and nothing threatening to your current commitment.

Tell them that you sell online items for video games like world of Warcraft. You sell online video game gold to children that stole their parents money. Something that is not easy to track or would trip you up later as your making crap up.

There ya go... that’s the first thing that came to my mind. I think it sounds pretty good

Thats actually not too bad.....nice one... i might use it.....

Members don't see this ad :)
"I can't find a babysitter" always worked for me.

If you already work 80 hours what happened to the all part-time flexi staff?

I've worked 3 OT shifts in nearly 4 years at WM and zero inside this market (or rather the market I was in at the time)

If you already work 80 hours what happened to the all part-time flexi staff?

I've worked 3 OT shifts in nearly 4 years at WM and zero inside this market (or rather the market I was in at the time)

I dunno! my flexi staff is low i suppose. My DM must be doing serious cost cutting efforts, hes tough and runs number 1 in anything he can. we just dont have enough people to cover anything and he leans on current full time managers/ and staff, but we never seem to have the staff to cover.

"I can't find a babysitter" always worked for me.

Mentos, i like ya buddy, but i have no kids!! and he knows this maaaaan.,..lol so cmon gimme a better idea...i like the side job thing....it could provide constant relief actually. like "oh no sorry boss im working that day...." lol.

Mentos, i like ya buddy, but i have no kids!! and he knows this maaaaan.,..lol so cmon gimme a better idea...i like the side job thing....it could provide constant relief actually. like "oh no sorry boss im working that day...." lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Worst thing is they will get rid of you. Then you can go pursue your dream of starting your marijuana dispensary.

On the other hand, they will lose an experienced manager and will be in a far worse bind than they already are.

Reactions: 1 user

Haha what can I say.... I’m amazing at making crap up..

Most of the time it is the scheduler who is calling and all they are looking for is yes or no. I don't bother making up reasons for them. If it was the DM, then it might be harder to say no. However, I said no enough times that no one is calling anymore. It is not Walmart though.

Honestly, when your techs call out and you are calling around looking for help, do you care what excuse they have? Anything medical related is perfect. Develop some migraines or back problem.

If I were younger I probably wouldn't mind working OT (most I've done was 130 in a pay period) but I'm assuming your market has a bunch of far-flung stores... forget that

If I were younger I probably wouldn't mind working OT (most I've done was 130 in a pay period) but I'm assuming your market has a bunch of far-flung stores... forget that

Yeah you know the deal.....50 to 100 miles, uphill in the snow, BOTH WAYS ....LOL

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha what can I say.... I’m amazing at making crap up..

Yeah i'm going with working for a company in processing/developing micro transactions within video games. "Awww i cant that day im working already...sorry"

But get this, he was calling to tell me my tech hours were cut. i'm pretty pissed but its happening to all markets next week from what hear. MY sales are 110% to index, 108% profit, Script growth is up just a bit, but up. And i still get cut.....WTf? whats the point of pushing so hard...?

Worst thing is they will get rid of you. Then you can go pursue your dream of starting your marijuana dispensary.

On the other hand, they will lose an experienced manager and will be in a far worse bind than they already are.

Thats going to happen anyway....im dead set on opening this by years end maybe early 2020 depending. The spot is Florida, my home state where i was originally licensed and left to come to CO BFE.... so its kinda perfect. They are making cuts again and i was affected, i want to stay a little longer and grab the sweet cash while i can, but i fear if i lose my standing with the company for some reason, I cant xfer and would like transitional income while the dispensary gets fired up....its a tough call, go now with a good history and reference, or stay a bit longer and possibly get caught up trying to manage something that is unmanageable. Which leads to write ups....etc. and destroys my xfer ability. what would you do?

But get this, he was calling to tell me my tech hours were cut. i'm pretty pissed but its happening to all markets next week from what hear. MY sales are 110% to index, 108% profit, Script growth is up just a bit, but up. And i still get cut.....WTf? whats the point of pushing so hard...?

They don't give a crap. It all comes down to dirty politics/favoritism. You can have the highest numbers in the district but the DM shall favor the lazy staff rph or the clueless pcsm who's friends with him. I honestly regret trying so hard in the past cuz in most cases it's simply about connections.

Thats going to happen anyway....im dead set on opening this by years end maybe early 2020 depending. The spot is Florida, my home state where i was originally licensed and left to come to CO BFE.... so its kinda perfect. They are making cuts again and i was affected, i want to stay a little longer and grab the sweet cash while i can, but i fear if i lose my standing with the company for some reason, I cant xfer and would like transitional income while the dispensary gets fired up....its a tough call, go now with a good history and reference, or stay a bit longer and possibly get caught up trying to manage something that is unmanageable. Which leads to write ups....etc. and destroys my xfer ability. what would you do?

Count me in - pm me when you are ready. I’ll go 50/50 partnership.

I have never seen any of this:

If it's my time, it's my time. I'd love to get the axe

Just tell them you aren't available. You have made plans. You aren't required to offer any explanantion.

Do it once, twice, thrice.. They will get the memo and stop bothering you.

I have never seen any of this:

If it's my time, it's my time. I'd love to get the axe

My district took tech cuts as far as i know (at my store), my boss may lay off a pharmacist, but we are in BFE and short as it is. so just techs for me. You have definite confirmed Rph loss?

Don't know what those numbers mean, but if your store is doing well then the stupid bean counters conclude that it has too much help. They will keep cutting until the metrics become impossible.

Cant Pm you, you blocked or something?

How much does it cost to open?

My district doesn't run like that. We have a bunch of theoretically 48-72 hour flexers who can be flexed up as needed and I am rarely even offered an OT shift anymore. I thought this was how it was supposed to be throughout Walmart - dunno what your boss is doing.

And what the hell is going on in this job market that you guys are losing pharmacists all the time? Despite the fact that work sucks here, nobody has voluntarily left in ages, given that the alternatives are generally worse or non-existent.