Does your residency have moonlighting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navyflightsrgn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm conducting a bit of a survey for anyone who feels like replying...

Trying to get the overtime/moonlighting option started at my anesthesia residency program but apparently the legal deaprtment at the hospital is giving us the Heisman.

So my questions for any of you out there (residents, attendings, MS4's who have rotated at a place that has this option, etc.) are:
1)The place?
2)The pay rate per hour?
3)Starting at what time? (after 5, scheduled shifts, etc)

And if anyone has any experience getting this started, I'd be interested in hearing your advice on how to go about it.

Thanks,
NavyFlightSrgn

Members don't see this ad.

I'm conducting a bit of a survey for anyone who feels like replying...

Trying to get the overtime/moonlighting option started at my anesthesia residency program but apparently the legal deaprtment at the hospital is giving us the Heisman.

So my questions for any of you out there (residents, attendings, MS4's who have rotated at a place that has this option, etc.) are:
1)The place?
2)The pay rate per hour?
3)Starting at what time? (after 5, scheduled shifts, etc)

And if anyone has any experience getting this started, I'd be interested in hearing your advice on how to go about it.

Thanks,
NavyFlightSrgn

Is this an inservice (Navy) residency or did you do your GMO time and get out? All Navy residencies forbid moonlighting (Army/AF too I think).

Pgg,

Doing a civilian residency. Paid my time back as a flight surgeon and am now a CA1.

I've read many of your posts. I'm anticipating the "we just don't do that here/we've always done things this way" answer that I came to know and love in the military. I'm sure you can relate. I'm just on a fact finding mission now so that I can have a little knowledge/ammunition for when I do finally go to our legal department.

Am in the process of setting up a meeting with our chairman to explore options to make this happen. I know this was a significant factor that weighed into my equation when I chose my residency, and I would imagine it is for others as well. I'm framing it all in terms of recruiting...

Thanks.