1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Doing 2007 Uworld before current uworld

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Robotman, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Robotman

Robotman Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    Would doing 2007 uworld questions before doing your current uworld be beneficial? As in, are the questions any different that you'd gain any benefit from it?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Transposony

Transposony Do or do not, There is no try
    5+ Year Member

I see absolutely no value in doing 2007 uworld questions.

4. Guyton Killah

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Its definitely worth a try. The goal is to get you ready for the for the real thing, whatever you use. Where do you get the 2007 questions, because i thought they keep on updating their bank?

5. mckinsey

Medical Student
    Many 2007 questions are the same as the current updated qbank.
    Also, I don't know for sure, but I would guess you risk learning incorrect explanations if anything has changed over the past several years. So I would say there is no use in doing those old questions.

6. Robotman

Robotman Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    I did pulm path questions and i ABSOLUTELY murdered them. Really boosted my confidence 6 months before step 1, but I had just finished grilling path pulm for class. I doubt pathology/physiology or anything for that matter has changed that much, except maybe micro/pharm which seem like dynamic subjects. But I get where your coming from. I also think Doing current uworld is probably enough questions anyhow, but it amazes me how these 2007 questions are literally word for word out of FA.

Torrents