Doing both sketchy and lecture for pharm and micro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently taking pharm and micro right now and I am just having trouble juggling both sketchy and lecture materials. It takes me too long to go through both materials so a lot of times I don't have time to go through both. I see how useful sketchy can be when it comes to learning all those details about the various microbes and drugs such as symptoms, side effects, mechanisms of actions etc. but when I go through them to learn what the symbols mean, I just don't have enough time in the day to learn the school lectures.

Has anyone experienced this problem while studying micro and pharm? I am just really overwhelmed right now because my school's current module keeps throwing so much lecture material at us everyday (on average 2 one hour long lectures per day everyday) and I am already behind by several weeks. :(

Should I just trust Sketchy and keep doing it? Cause it does feel like I can recall things really well with the help of sketchy. it's just that it takes me so much time to learn.

I think I have an issue of spending too much time going through the materials. It takes me about 3 hours or so to learn maybe 30 slides of lecture.

I almost failed the previous module so I really want to do better this time.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am in micro right now and finished a little piece of pharm last semester. I learned that sketchy is best for material that needs to be memorized but not learned. I use BnB or Pathoma for learning material. I never use both for the same content. For example, a drug needs to be memorized. A bug needs to be memorized. A cancer mechanism needs to be learned. Diseases of metabolism need to be learned.

I think sketchy is good for long term retention. Residents have said that they still remember sketchy symbols from many years ago. No one is gonna remember the **** your phd professor mentioned about some receptor.

Your number one priority is to pass your classes though so focus on that first if you’re struggling to pass

I am in micro right now and finished a little piece of pharm last semester. I learned that sketchy is best for material that needs to be memorized but not learned. I use BnB or Pathoma for learning material. I never use both for the same content. For example, a drug needs to be memorized. A bug needs to be memorized. A cancer mechanism needs to be learned. Diseases of metabolism need to be learned.
Agree with above, I pretty much only use Sketchy for pharm and it sticks in my head insanely well. In regards to struggling to keep up with in-house as well, I’ve slowly taken the advice of focusing on it the least and I have performed well on our exams. I get my foundation through the outside resources and then usually watch lectures on 2x speed and just try to pick out low-yield things that could show up come exam.

Reactions: 1 users