Doing Nails - extracurricular

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hoping4dmd

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it worth putting down that I do nails (not just painting but doing acrylic nails and etc.) for my friends/friends of friends in the extracurriculars section? I have taken a course on it with a certificate from a salon.
 
Is it worth putting down that I do nails (not just painting but doing acrylic nails and etc.) for my friends/friends of friends in the extracurriculars section? I have taken a course on it with a certificate from a salon.

I think that’s actually a good skill to put, anyone who knows how acrylics are made knows the precision & skill it takes. I personally would put that under the manual dexterity section and under your extra curricular. If you can build up nails that way I’m sure you can build up a tooth or construct a crown [emoji24]
 
I think that’s actually a good skill to put, anyone who knows how acrylics are made knows the precision & skill it takes. I personally would put that under the manual dexterity section and under your extra curricular. If you can build up nails that way I’m sure you can build up a tooth or construct a crown [emoji24]

Thank you 🙂 Do you happen to know what organization/supervisor I would put if I do add this to my extracurriculars? As I am not doing it for money but for fun, I guess I am the supervisor? haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you 🙂 Do you happen to know what organization/supervisor I would put if I do add this to my extracurriculars? As I am not doing it for money but for fun, I guess I am the supervisor? haha

Do you personally own a drill machine to do acrylic? or how do you do acrylic or nextgen nail for fun? I believe it's costly for such a hobby
 
Do you personally own a drill machine to do acrylic? or how do you do acrylic or nextgen nail for fun? I believe it's costly for such a hobby
Yes I do! It was just something my friends and I decided to take up in so that we can each do each other's nails haha! We took the class for my birthday
 
yes! definitely include it. I also did nails as a hobby, (also became a nail tech) and we talked about it during my interview, it was such a fun conversation.
 
yes! definitely include it. I also did nails as a hobby, (also became a nail tech) and we talked about it during my interview, it was such a fun conversation.

Wow really!! I have a certificate from a salon as a "certified" nail tech but I didn't go to beauty school or anything. Would it still be fine to put down "nail tech"?
 
Wow really!! I have a certificate from a salon as a "certified" nail tech but I didn't go to beauty school or anything. Would it still be fine to put down "nail tech"?

Hm. I'm not quite sure, I guess it depends on what state you're in? I had to goto Nail school and take the boards exam to be certified.