Doing REI or MFM as a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

picklelittle

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,

I know I'm just starting my medical school journey. However, I'm interested in doing either REI or MFM. How hard will it be to either one of them as a DO. I know it is easier to get into these fellowships if you go to a residency program where these fellowships take place. I also know a lot of them are at big MD academic centers like Hopkins, UCLA, UPenn, UCSD, etc. Obviously, DOs are in these specialities but how hard will it be?
 
Hard. It’s hard for everyone regardless of degree.

Why? Because both of those fellowships are super small, niche sub specialties that provide better work-life balance and pay.

Like said, you can do it as a DO, you can do it as an MD. It is HARD for both - maybe a little easier as an MD but not by much
 
Hard. It’s hard for everyone regardless of degree.

Why? Because both of those fellowships are super small, niche sub specialties that provide better work-life balance and pay.

Like said, you can do it as a DO, you can do it as an MD. It is HARD for both - maybe a little easier as an MD but not by much
Thanks Rogue42. I know you just matched OB/GYN. I know I'm going to have to put in a lot of work. I did do research with an REI previously and I plan on working with them again. If not UPENN has the Women's Research Center that I would consider doing research at if possible.