FAER - MSARF Summer Research Fellowship chances as a DO student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

​


Hello all and thank you for taking the time to read this. I was wondering if anyone had insight into this program associated with the ASA. I am an OSM-1 looking at applying for the fellowship this coming year, and was wondering what my chances are as a D.O. student compared to my M.D. counterparts. I am a traditional student who came straight out of undergrad. I have 2 years (1000+hrs) of research experience directly prior to my medical school acceptance. I spent my time creating a data set for my PI. My involvement in the project led to 2 local posters, 2 national posters, and 2 peer-reviewed abstracts to date. Also in the works is another national poster, an abstract, and 2nd authorship on a manuscript. All abstracts and prepared manuscripts are published/submitted to a journal with an impact factor of 19. As a D.O. student, what are my chances for this program?