Doing research in peds for radiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SleepingPillow

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am an incoming M1 so I just had a few questions. I will be going to a school with a top children's hospital but so-so adult one. I am interested in peds, but I want to keep my options open (such as DR). Does doing research in a children's hospital work in lieu of at an adult hospital for DR residency (and I guess others as well)?

I know this is really early but I just wanted to know bc I would love to just do all my research at the children's hospital instead (luv the vibe/kids)
 
I don’t think it hurts you at all. Especially if you have an interest in pediatric radiology. I’d go for the peds research and express your interest in pediatric radiology during interviews.
Would the research need to be related to rads at all?