Dominican College NY DPT March 2012 Interviews

Started by Andshdd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Andshdd

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone who interviewed at Dominican College in March hear back? At the end of the group interview we were told we could expect a decision "within a week". A weeks has come and gone, still, nothing. Im getting so stressed. I just want to know either way.

For anyone who has already been accepted, how long after the interview did you hear back from them?
 
Just giving you my two cents in case you dont already know so. Dominican College is not your traditional DPT program. It is meant for older adults with familys who will continue to work full time jobs during the week and attend classes only on the weekend. The program is 80% self study. I will be starting PT school this summer but the clinic I work for now, there is a new grad from Dominican and she seems so lost. She also went on to tell me that she regrets going there and that her whole class failed the boards first time around. Not sure if you will be attending if you get in but just wanted to share this info because Im sure it will help you make a decision.
 
Just giving you my two cents in case you dont already know so. Dominican College is not your traditional DPT program. It is meant for older adults with familys who will continue to work full time jobs during the week and attend classes only on the weekend. The program is 80% self study. I will be starting PT school this summer but the clinic I work for now, there is a new grad from Dominican and she seems so lost. She also went on to tell me that she regrets going there and that her whole class failed the boards first time around. Not sure if you will be attending if you get in but just wanted to share this info because Im sure it will help you make a decision.


Interesting. If her whole class failed the boards why isn't it reflected in a low NPTE Ultimate Pass rate? I'm not questioning what she told you, but possibly questioning if she is 100% accurate. I know this is the ultimate and not first time rate, but even if so.... Maybe she is lost because she wasn't a great student. I am just giving the other side of the coin.

These are their stats from 2007-2009. Their weighted Average Ultimate Pass Rate 2007 - 2009 was 100%.

0139
Dominican College of Blauvelt</SPAN>
100.00 </SPAN>
21 </SPAN>
</SPAN>
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it could just be stats from the second attempt taking the exam. I know for sure that many students did fail the first time around because I am friends with a dpt now who complained that a couple of his classmates and him failed the exam the first time around. I am not sure what his graduating year was though.
 
HI there,
I did interview and I was also told that they would let us know in about a week. I am kinda stressing out too. I hope we get to hear something from them soon.
about the passing rate and ... I can tell you that I've heard from so many people that their passing rate is not really that great (Below 50%), but you cannot just think that the passing rate is low because the program sucks. It is mainly because before 2010, not that many people applied for the DPT. so pretty much whoever applied got accepted. but 2010 after it got so competitive! so I would wait to see their passing rate for 2012 and then I would jude them.