Done with part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acrylic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
Just got done with part 1 after 6 long months of studying. Here is what i think about it...its not that hard if you the basics and i just cannot stress more on that point...believe me it coimes down to the basics if u have that u ll be just fine...
DO THE PAPERS PPL ALL THE PAPERS there were atleast 20 repeats i think and there were some really confusing questions..but overall its not that scary
I did kaplan q bank, crack the nbde, kaplan notes decks papers and referred for some topics not all also i did first aid usmle n nbde for a few things not in detail but i would say if somebody has a month or so then doing first aid is a good idea DA was confusing....testlets were fine the trick is to to do the major dieases n associated features...
lemme knw if neone needs anything else
goodluck to you all
now im praying for my result
but glad to be of any help

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
Just got done with part 1 after 6 long months of studying. Here is what i think about it...its not that hard if you the basics and i just cannot stress more on that point...believe me it coimes down to the basics if u have that u ll be just fine...
DO THE PAPERS PPL ALL THE PAPERS there were atleast 20 repeats i think and there were some really confusing questions..but overall its not that scary
I did kaplan q bank, crack the nbde, kaplan notes decks papers and referred for some topics not all also i did first aid usmle n nbde for a few things not in detail but i would say if somebody has a month or so then doing first aid is a good idea DA was confusing....testlets were fine the trick is to to do the major dieases n associated features...
lemme knw if neone needs anything else
goodluck to you all
now im praying for my result
but glad to be of any help
thanks acrylic for sharing experience n all the best for ur results

thanks for sharing ur experience n goodluck wit results
n hey did u find Crack the Nbde papers helpful ??

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i have exactly one week till my exam. according to you, what is the BEST source of last minute review?
I cant seem to make up my mind...i pick up qs then kaplan book then this and then that. please advice. is paper L heavily suggested? ppl say paper L is the mother.....please let me know soon.
thanks! and good luck for ur result

in dental antomy, how was occlusion tested? with diagrams or just q

surprisingly i didnt get any ques on mandibular mov like in lat mov which cusp pass thru which nothing like that just basics from kaplan n no diagrams thankfully
know the tooth features well

thanks for sharing ur experience n goodluck wit results
n hey did u find Crack the Nbde papers helpful ??

yes crack is exactly like the exam so that helped alot plus it gave me the satisfaction of doing enough mcqs....so i guess u should do it it has somemistakes though

i have exactly one week till my exam. according to you, what is the BEST source of last minute review?
I cant seem to make up my mind...i pick up qs then kaplan book then this and then that. please advice. is paper L heavily suggested? ppl say paper L is the mother.....please let me know soon.
thanks! and good luck for ur result

i dunno anything about that what i know is doing all the released papers n specially 2004 pilot is a very good idea n try to do all the papers n try reviewing cranial nerves main arteries of head n neck arch derivatives, trangles autonomic ner sys
the main goal is to review the basics which u might think u know already u ll be surprised how much u have forgotten

hey acrylic....thanks for responding.
I have another question, when you were doing kaplan...what was ur score? im getting 65-70%....duno what that means....

hey acrylic....thanks for responding.
I have another question, when you were doing kaplan...what was ur score? im getting 65-70%....duno what that means....

Now the right person to answer that would be someone who has their scores n i dont have mineyet ......but i think 65 70 is good i was scoringaround that range dnt worry abt how u r scoring
taking the exam in reality n doing the practice tests are very different stuations, u cant havethe kind ofconcentration tht u ll have on the day n tht makes alot of difference

I took my exam July 1st.. I had studied a lot - not as some people here as I was finishing my residency and I was very busy - however I studied a lot the final week..

I did not get any repeats - maybe 10..
Dental anatomy - had no diagrams, not any movements. However a LOT of TMJ and a lot of occlusion ( I mean anterior guidance, height of cusps etc)

I found a lot of the questions confusing in their wording - I couldn't not decipher what they really meant..

I had about 10 testlets - not too bad

A lot of anatomy - it seemed that way anyway

GOOD LUCK to everybody. I just hope I passed so I would not have to retake it...

hi acrylic,

Were there many genetics, neuroanatomy ,immunology questions?

I am taking this month end. i tarted revising kaplan and plan to to do till july 15. and Do dental decks and papers and usmle first aid till july 27th. as 28 is my exam. Would that be suffice!

or Can i start question papaers right away? which one has to be given importance decks or kaplan? what do u think? I am pretty confused ! Please gimme ur strategy

hi acrylic,

I am taking this month end. i tarted revising kaplan and plan to to do till july 15. and Do dental decks and papers and usmle first aid till july 27th. as 28 is my exam. Would that be suffice!

or Can i start question papaers right away? which one has to be given importance decks or kaplan? what do u think? I am pretty confused ! Please gimme ur strategy

ur plan sounds pretty good just make sure u have enough time for papers they r very imp n do usmle 1st aid if u ahve done it before too coz studying anything for the 1st time in the end will be tough....and try to get done with studies 2 3 days before coz u ll be so tensed up tht u ll not be able to do much then

u can questions here so everybody can benefit from them....
I did full kaplan for both physio n biochem n when i did the released papers the 1st time i did around 30 mistakes or more per paper so dnt worry just try to get more practice

hi acrylic,

n yea try to do the translation transcription n genetics i mean the last chapters from biochem n the basic is if u have done kaplan notes completely n decks u r pretty well covered

Hi acrylic,

Good luck with your score.Since you have studied from different sources you must know which is the best combination of study material for NBDE part 1.Could you please tell us?Kaplan Review books or First aid for NBDE part 1?
Which is better?Thanks in advance.

Hi acrylic,

Good luck with your score.Since you have studied from different sources you must know which is the best combination of study material for NBDE part 1.Could you please tell us?Kaplan Review books or First aid for NBDE part 1?
Which is better?Thanks in advance.

everybody has different choices for me it was kaplan....my thinking is to stick with one bk n do it nicely rather than reading 10s of bks n not getting newhere
for it was kaplan n decks mostly.....but i cxan be sure onlywhen i ll get my result

Hi guys where to read for gross anatomy (other than head and neck). Which book or material to follow for that???