Done

Brightereyez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the OAT today..it was much harder than i had antipated..the QR and biology were horrible..TS 360 , it doesn't suck but i'd put in a lot of effort and was hoping for higher. All I can say though about the kaplan book is that i would have done fine without it!

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously? I think the Kaplan book was AMAZING! Are you talking about the big 1200 pg Kaplan book with notes on everything you need to know that's on the exam?!

Took the OAT today..it was much harder than i had antipated..the QR and biology were horrible..TS 360 , it doesn't suck but i'd put in a lot of effort and was hoping for higher. All I can say though about the kaplan book is that i would have done fine without it!
Hey... Don't sound so sad. That score is awesome! I was sceduled to take the exam tomorrow but I resceduled. I'm too scared. I used the Kaplan 1200 page book to review the information. Now I'm bombarding myself with questions. Is there anything you think might be helpful? Is there any tips you can share? Did you take opt sample test? and was it similar to the real thing? Im sorry I'm asking so many questions. I'm just really fustrated. Do you mind putting individual scores. Thanks for all your help!!! :oops:

Hey... Don't sound so sad. That score is awesome! I was sceduled to take the exam tomorrow but I resceduled. I'm too scared. I used the Kaplan 1200 page book to review the information. Now I'm bombarding myself with questions. Is there anything you think might be helpful? Is there any tips you can share? Did you take opt sample test? and was it similar to the real thing? Im sorry I'm asking so many questions. I'm just really fustrated. Do you mind putting individual scores. Thanks for all your help!!! :oops:

DO BOMBARD yourself with questions. Kaplan is too basic and reviewing the big book cover to cover multiple timee was a WASTE, because it was the bio degree that came to the rescue at the end. And is it just me (yeah i'm actually alone in this one) but the opted test is a joke compared to what i took two days ago. QR was ridic, and about 30% of the questions were inequalities which i wasnt expecting and i'm very slow at. I don't think anything i say would make you change your mind but u're just never gonna feel too prepared to take it and i'm happy i didn't resechdule
because based on my review material, i wasn't gona score any higher. The only section that kaplan helped me with was the physics. I got a 330 and i'm happy, i guess the only thing i'm unhappy about was the natural sciece section and QR to a point. SO do as many challenging practice sets (destroyer, acheiver stuff) as you can and don't resechdule because this test isn't about memorizing a bunch of biology/chem topics and don't expect to get question such as defining the fucntion of mitochindria. if u have other specific questions pm because here i can just ramble non stop about how much i hated my test and the overall experience :laugh:
and yea here's the break down
Bio 360
oc 360
gc 340
phys 330
QR 300 (and that includes 15+ bcbc's)
RC 320
TS 360
AA 340

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought QR was harder this year. I took the OAT a year ago and got 400 on QR, and it was quite easy. Last month I retook the OAT and got 390 on the QR. What tripped me up were the number of trig questions (4-5), namely tangents, cotangents, secants, and cosecants..the identities of which I didn't study all too much...and the Kaplan book didnt go into too much either. Also, as brightereyez said too, there were a number of inequalities, but i dont think i had any trouble with those.

I took the opted early in the process of studying but even then i got very few questions wrong. My kaplan scores, however, were no less than 380 besides physics. I went over the destroyers ochem questions for the first time right before the test and i got close to 100% (100 + questions) so go figure.

DO BOMBARD yourself with questions. Kaplan is too basic and reviewing the big book cover to cover multiple timee was a WASTE, because it was the bio degree that came to the rescue at the end. And is it just me (yeah i'm actually alone in this one) but the opted test is a joke compared to what i took two days ago. QR was ridic, and about 30% of the questions were inequalities which i wasnt expecting and i'm very slow at. I don't think anything i say would make you change your mind but u're just never gonna feel too prepared to take it and i'm happy i didn't resechdule
because based on my review material, i wasn't gona score any higher. The only section that kaplan helped me with was the physics. I got a 330 and i'm happy, i guess the only thing i'm unhappy about was the natural sciece section and QR to a point. SO do as many challenging practice sets (destroyer, acheiver stuff) as you can and don't resechdule because this test isn't about memorizing a bunch of biology/chem topics and don't expect to get question such as defining the fucntion of mitochindria. if u have other specific questions pm because here i can just ramble non stop about how much i hated my test and the overall experience :laugh:
and yea here's the break down
Bio 360
oc 360
gc 340
phys 330
RC 320
TS 360
AA 340

You got a 360 on Bio, I don't know why you are complaining about your Bio score being so horrible. The Kaplan tests are should be harder than the actual test and if you got 380s on those, then I am not sure what went wrong for you. Maybe you got nervous or were under pressure and that got to you. Either way, I think your scores are still competitive, so don't be so sad.

You mean there was a block of questions where you just randomly chose B or C?

For me the test was difficult, but I dont think there were more than 3 questions where I couldn't eliminate at least 1 incorrect choice.

I had about 4 minutes remaining when i started marking bc's, but they were scatterd. My math skills aren't great and I know that but I could barely get any answers on the damn QR section, so I'm thankful i got a 300! Is it possible the level of difficulty for the test has gone up this year?

I had about 4 minutes remaining when i started marking bc's, but they were scatterd. My math skills aren't great and I know that but I could barely get any answers on the damn QR section, so I'm thankful i got a 300! Is it possible the level of difficulty for the test has gone up this year?

It is possible, but remember the scores are supposed to be standardized. So even if it is more difficult, a 300 now would mean the same a a 300 10 years ago. Both should mean you scored better than 50% of people and worse than 50% of people who took the test the same time as you.

For reference I took the test 3 months ago.

Here's what I'm selling:

1. The big, 1200 page Kaplan OAT Review Notes (brand new)
- only sold through enrollment in the Kaplan class(fall 2008)

2. Kaplan OAT Lesson Book(brand new)(fall 2008)
- one that has notes and answers, brand new for you to complete
- only sold through enrollment in the Kaplan class

3. All the Kaplan OAT Notecards (Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics)never used (2008)
- only sold through enrollment in the Kaplan class

4. Practice questions (used)and practice exams (used)

5. Four QuickStudy, laminated Academic Outlines (Biology: The Basic Principles, Organic Chemistry: Fundamentals, Organic Chemistry: Reactions, and Physics) (could be added)
6.MCAT. Organic chemistry (the Gold standard). Video DVD Review(4 discs's cost originally was $35 plus shipping), rarely used.(2007)
All of the materials are in a perfect, unused condition.

When I took course and purchased new the Kaplan materials, they were more than $300 ( the cost of the class and online access to tests and lectures plus )

I'm selling everything for $400 and that price includes shipping via Priority Mail (2-3 days).

Please post me if you are interested in the materials.