Don't feel so bad...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some people actually don't know about the afternoon portion of the test...and some of them just leave I heard. Always helping the curve!

adamj61 said:
Some people actually don't know about the afternoon portion of the test...and some of them just leave I heard. Always helping the curve!

are you serious?!?! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
adamj61 said:

That's interesting, because at my test center, they told us that if you don't come back for the afternoon session of the test, your exam will automatically be voided...

I think Treg's posting was more to bring people down to 'reality'. If you look under the thread "April MCAT scores", EVERYONE who posted, or rather the majority of people who posted scored above a 32, which is f'n insane. Ergo, i think the post was to relay the message that not everyone gets these scores, and i dont think it was meant to knock anyone.

Treg said:
The stats for the April 2004 exam are posted. 0.01% got a combined score of 6. Yes, 6.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/examineedata/table0404.pdf

:eek:

Treg

It is actually 0.1% not 0.01% so even more people got a 6! If you calculate it out it comes out to about 27 people.

The percentages are a little misleading because it looks like no one got above a 41 (all say 0.0%) but basically it just means that probably less than 10 people got that score (making the percentage 0.04 or less).

Jonathan13180 said:
I think Treg's posting was more to bring people down to 'reality'. If you look under the thread "April MCAT scores", EVERYONE who posted, or rather the majority of people who posted scored above a 32, which is f'n insane. Ergo, i think the post was to relay the message that not everyone gets these scores, and i dont think it was meant to knock anyone.

Exactly!

For the record, I was one of the people who posted with a 32+, but last August I posted my 26 :)

I am tired of the threads like, "I have a 14 BS and PS, but my crappy 10 in VR will kill my application." Shush! If you know anyone who struggles to break a 7 or 8 in a section, whining over the 85th percentile is so rude.

Just my 0.02

Treg

Treg said:
Exactly!

For the record, I was one of the people who posted with a 32+, but last August I posted my 26 :)

I am tired of the threads like, "I have a 14 BS and PS, but my crappy 10 in VR will kill my application." Shush! If you know anyone who struggles to break a 7 or 8 in a section, whining over the 85th percentile is so rude.

Just my 0.02

Treg

True Treg, true.

dc

Treg said:
Exactly!

Just my 0.02

Treg

Word...good lookin out to all us 'mortals' out there.

Treg said:
The stats for the April 2004 exam are posted. 0.01% got a combined score of 6. Yes, 6.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/examineedata/table0404.pdf

:eek:

Treg

The lowest possible combined score on the mcat is a 3, how the hell do ppl score a 6? Thats crazy, think of all the people who take the kaplan diagnostic and score in the mid teens and above without ever studying for the test.

A 6 has to be the result of a girl/boyfriend wanting to see what their significant other has been bitching about so much for the past few months! :laugh: