Dont give up hope.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malibu3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have orientation weds for my program that I was accepted to in November. Today, I got the call for my number one Georgia State that starts June 6th. DONT LOSE HOPE!

I have so much to do in so little time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I have orientation weds for my program that I was accepted to in November. Today, I got the call for my number one Georgia State that starts June 6th. DONT LOSE HOPE!

I have so much to do in so little time.

Welcome to our cohort, dear! I look forward to meeting you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it normal for schools to respond to applicants this late when the program begins so early?

Is it normal for schools to respond to applicants this late when the program begins so early?

People get off the waitlist the day before programs begin if a spot opens up, schools want to start with as full of a cohort as possible.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't say it's common, but if someone leaves right before a program begins, they will attempt to fill the spot from their waitlist.

Last cycle a guy I worked with got a call on a Friday for a class that was starting that Monday.

All depends on what the accepted students do, best of luck

I got a call on the same day from my #2 school lol, I denied it because I already got in my #1 school. He's right don't give up. That being said don't rely on the waitlist. Prepare for the future retake classes, become an aide, network with the school, retake GRE. I did all of them and was prepared to go overseas if I did not make it this year.