Doris Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DHMO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back about the Doris Duke Fellowship for 06-07 yet? If so, from which school(s)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DHMO said:
Has anyone heard back about the Doris Duke Fellowship for 06-07 yet? If so, from which school(s)? Thanks!

Yea, heard back from UTSW, Yale, Columbia, Iowa. What about you? I thought they were supposed to inform by today? I guess, it is assumed that you didn't get any of the other ones? Have you heard from any others?

HiddenTruth said:
Yea, heard back from UTSW, Yale, Columbia, Iowa. What about you? I thought they were supposed to inform by today? I guess, it is assumed that you didn't get any of the other ones? Have you heard from any others?

I, too, thought that we were supposed to be informed by 3/17. UCSF is the only school I applied to and haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they send out some indication on Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going to Harvard DDCRF?

Does anyone have any opinions on the Doris Duke Fellowships in comparison to the HHMI-NIH Cloister Program?

TrojanDoctor said:
Does anyone have any opinions on the Doris Duke Fellowships in comparison to the HHMI-NIH Cloister Program?

eh? Is there a clinical option for the cloister program? That doesn't sound like something howard would be interested in funding.

From what i understand, HHMI-NIH is basic science research and doris duke is "clinical research" but it seems to be extremely broadly defined, so that a lot of projects are lab-oriented.

Has anyone heard from Harvard DDCRF at all?

I've heard from Hughes and I think I am going to take that, but I am not sure what I should tell the Harvard mentor I spoke with. I mean - when do they expect to let us know?

Nrf

hey, i'm sure that by now you've confirmed your howard hughes, but harvard's doris duke program filled w/ the first round of acceptances this time. in any case, i've heard that the howard hughes program is amazing. so enjoy it!

Has anyone received anything "official" yet? I mean anything beyond an email? It's sad, but for some reason I feel like we should get something in the mail!