Doris Duke

Started by DHMO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DHMO

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back about the Doris Duke Fellowship for 06-07 yet? If so, from which school(s)? Thanks!
 
DHMO said:
Has anyone heard back about the Doris Duke Fellowship for 06-07 yet? If so, from which school(s)? Thanks!

Yea, heard back from UTSW, Yale, Columbia, Iowa. What about you? I thought they were supposed to inform by today? I guess, it is assumed that you didn't get any of the other ones? Have you heard from any others?
 
HiddenTruth said:
Yea, heard back from UTSW, Yale, Columbia, Iowa. What about you? I thought they were supposed to inform by today? I guess, it is assumed that you didn't get any of the other ones? Have you heard from any others?

I, too, thought that we were supposed to be informed by 3/17. UCSF is the only school I applied to and haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they send out some indication on Monday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TrojanDoctor said:
Does anyone have any opinions on the Doris Duke Fellowships in comparison to the HHMI-NIH Cloister Program?

eh? Is there a clinical option for the cloister program? That doesn't sound like something howard would be interested in funding.
 
From what i understand, HHMI-NIH is basic science research and doris duke is "clinical research" but it seems to be extremely broadly defined, so that a lot of projects are lab-oriented.
 
Has anyone heard from Harvard DDCRF at all?

I've heard from Hughes and I think I am going to take that, but I am not sure what I should tell the Harvard mentor I spoke with. I mean - when do they expect to let us know?

Nrf
 
hey, i'm sure that by now you've confirmed your howard hughes, but harvard's doris duke program filled w/ the first round of acceptances this time. in any case, i've heard that the howard hughes program is amazing. so enjoy it!
 
Has anyone received anything "official" yet? I mean anything beyond an email? It's sad, but for some reason I feel like we should get something in the mail!