1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

do's eat their young?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by uhs99, Apr 28, 2000.

1. uhs99

uhs99 Junior Member

does anyone have info on how one might obtain a copy of the book subtitled "do's eat their young?" unfortunately i don't have the author's name or the actual title, but when i first encountered it in 1997 it gave me quite a hoot and a wakeup call. any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The author is Jeremy Weiss, DO. You can order it thru amazon.com; but it may take several weeks to fet. The publisher only prints in brief runs...when the orders are sufficient.

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

4. travisco

travisco Member
    10+ Year Member

Could anyone give me a breif synopsis of this
    book. It's alarming title caught my attention.

5. uhs99

uhs99 Junior Member

thank you, OldManDave, for your prompt response! I found "The Definitive Guide for the DO Seeking an MD Residency" by Jeremy Weiss easily on amazon with a stated 4-6 wk wait. the reviews are mixed, with some comments reflective of the discussions frequently seen in this forum. take care! ave

6. travisco

travisco Member
    10+ Year Member

Those reviews on Amazon make the book appear very controversial. It looks like it will be
    a cool read. They never mention the school, but since all the student reviewers are from Ft. Lauderdale, I would imagine it is NOVA. It seems like a shame that the author took such a sensationalist stance, and is generalizing his experiences and applying it to DO schools all over the United States. If anyone has read this book and would care to comment, I would appreciate the feedback as I may shell out the 24.95. The reviewers on Amazon.com were very extreme and biased in their views. It would be nice to get some more level headed info on this subject. Anyway, I don't want this thread to turn into a flame forum, if I wanted that I just stick with the Amazon.com reviews.

7. UHS03

UHS03 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I read this book last summer, and I found it very interesting. However, I have since been told that much of what he says is out-dated and no longer applies. He does however give a nice breakdown about ways to maximize your application statistically as well as some good pointers if you find yourself in the scramble. I don't really recall the specific things that I was told were outdated, but I remember thinking they were a significant part fo the book.