DOs matching at DO rads residencies

Started by Heeed!
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Heeed!

On target, On time!
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any of you out there? Just looking for some stats: your med school, grades, boards scores, etc. ANYTHING you could post would be great since we all know there is a dearth of info re: DO rads residencies. 👍
 
I didn't match into a DO Radiology Residency, but I interviewed at several so I'll give you my 2 cents. I did 600+ on COMLEX Level 1, A's on clerkships, and had good letters of Rec.

There was a running theme at all the places I interviewed at though......YOU HAVE TO ROTATE THERE TO TRULY BE CONSIDERED!!!! And I never did a rotation at a DO rads program.

These programs don't necessarily play by the rules in my opinion, and one even sent me a letter saying that they had chosen someone else 1 month BEFORE the DO Match.....

Botsford didn't offer me an interview...so I don't know anything about their program.....but out of the places that I interviewed, I was most impressed with two: Henry Ford BiCounty/Wyandotte and Pontiac.

Good Luck.