Double deposit extension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreddieMercury1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Anyone have experience with getting an extension on the double deposit deadline? I have deposits on two schools, and the school that I prefer is requiring that I re-take one of my classes before matriculation. I did pretty badly on the class the first time around, and honestly it's been so long since the class that I'm not sure what my chances are of passing it.
Ideally, I'd like to wait until after I take the first midterm in two weeks before I decide which school I'm going to, but the second school is asking me to decide by this Tuesday. I don't want to risk not passing the class and then not having a school to go to in the fall, but I do prefer the school that wants me to retake it. Is it possible to get an extension on the deadline? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Call and ask, say that you just got another offer, and that you really want to go to school there, but you need a few more days. Be careful though, my understanding is that there is some day, usually in April, where schools share their lists, and if you're on two, you've got the chance of being dropped by both.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Anyone have experience with getting an extension on the double deposit deadline? I have deposits on two schools, and the school that I prefer is requiring that I re-take one of my classes before matriculation. I did pretty badly on the class the first time around, and honestly it's been so long since the class that I'm not sure what my chances are of passing it.
Ideally, I'd like to wait until after I take the first midterm in two weeks before I decide which school I'm going to, but the second school is asking me to decide by this Tuesday. I don't want to risk not passing the class and then not having a school to go to in the fall, but I do prefer the school that wants me to retake it. Is it possible to get an extension on the deadline? Thank you!
May I ask which schools?

I dont think youre going to give a long enough extension to retake a class. some schools give like a week to get finances in order.
2nd, you're holding a seat from someone else, who possibly didnt get into a school yet.

Call and ask, say that you just got another offer, and that you really want to go to school there, but you need a few more days. Be careful though, my understanding is that there is some day, usually in April, where schools share their lists, and if you're on two, you've got the chance of being dropped by both.
Happens after April 5 at the school's discretion. Candidates will get a warning before being dropped though.

"After April 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on April 1 of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class."

ADEA Guidelines for Dental Schools When Extending Offers of Admission