Double majoring/minoring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doomgirl_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I fully understand that double majoring has no real positive impact on the chances of getting into medical school; it will definitely stand in the way of prepping for the MCAT and keeping my GPA up. However, I am passionate about intelligence studies. If not double majoring, would it be possible to major in intelligence but still work in my pre-med courses? Do medical schools look at this as less dedication to getting into their schools or...?

Members don't see this ad.

I fully understand that double majoring has no real positive impact on the chances of getting into medical school; it will definitely stand in the way of prepping for the MCAT and keeping my GPA up. However, I am passionate about intelligence studies. If not double majoring, would it be possible to major in intelligence but still work in my pre-med courses? Do medical schools look at this as less dedication to getting into their schools or...?
Any major works for medical school admissions. As long as your cGPA, sGPA, and MCAT stats are competitive. Though for some schools and for certain situations your major (if not as challenging) can be less preferred because of less rigorous coursework. Other than that, make sure you are well rounded applicant with competitive stats.

Any major works for medical school admissions. As long as your cGPA, sGPA, and MCAT stats are competitive. Though for some schools and for certain situations your major (if not as challenging) can be less preferred because of less rigorous coursework. Other than that, make sure you are well rounded applicant with competitive stats.
Alrighty, thank you so much for your help!