downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ytg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone has any idea what downstate is known for their strong points or any other good things about their school

Members don't see this ad.

cheap tuition for in staters ;)

Their clinical experience is supposed to be one of the best in the nation.

Members don't see this ad :)
LizzyM said:
:idea: Closest medical school to Coney Island??
So what? you think i am interested in riding the cyclone everyday

Apparition said:
Their clinical experience is supposed to be one of the best in the nation.

While the facilities aren't the best, the clinical experience is unlike any other...you see the worst pathology in the nation. Also, there MD/MPH program is 4 years :) haha

they seem to have a good match list for specialties like em and gas (maybe others, too, but those are the only two i keep an eye on). i don't need more pudding than that.

They're known for providing healthcare to a large population of uninsured working class population around Brooklyn. And their clinical is great, in terms of seeing lots of trauma cases, and doing tons of 'hands-on' training even as an MS. They're well-known for churning out very clinically prepared medical students. :)

Downstate is a great school. I loved it when I visited. Not only is it known for it's clinical experience, but I also got a great vibe from all of the students I met. They were very down-to-earth and independent.

allisonbk said:
Downstate is a great school. I loved it when I visited. Not only is it known for it's clinical experience, but I also got a great vibe from all of the students I met. They were very down-to-earth and independent.

i agree allisonbk! the students seemed really cool and the hospital gets amazing cases.