downstate

Started by taemd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mantis05753 said:
hey guys,

i just got accepted! Ilana Levine called me around 4:30 with the news. Its my first acceptance too. Good luck to everyone, hopefully there will be some more movement.


CONGRATS!!! and good luck to the rest of us! :luck: :luck: does anyone have an idea of how many people they'll pull of the waitlist? it seems that there would be more movement. . .this is so frustrating!

well, hang in there everyone! guess we'll all know soon. . .
 
Bump.

Congrats again to Mantis. Hope some more notices come. According to admissions, it's still moving.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bump. Just boosting my post count. 😀

GLTA here :luck:

You know, DrKitty, your situation is probably one of the best arguments for a match program. I bet there's a fair number of people at SUNY Downstate that would rather go to Upstate and switch with you. Too bad it's not an option to just switch places.
 
Hey Mantis

How often were you contacting Downstate in terms of updates, LIO, and all that stuff? I've been writing every couple weeks, both letters and email. curious if admissions would respond to that stuff anymore, not sure what a random alternate list means



Apparition said:
Has anyone called them lately?

DrKitty - when's your orientation at Upstate?
 
bsing said:
Hey Mantis

How often were you contacting Downstate in terms of updates, LIO, and all that stuff? I've been writing every couple weeks, both letters and email. curious if admissions would respond to that stuff anymore, not sure what a random alternate list means

Admissions responded to an email I sent about 10 days ago. It took 1 week exactly. They've been pretty secretive about the whole process though.

By random, I meant that I've been told the list is unranked by a former student. Some schools separate the list by 3rds, hi-lo priority, or actually have an order 1st - 30th setup. SUNY as far as I've been told pretty much pulls our names out of a hat.
 
Mooby said:
Admissions responded to an email I sent about 10 days ago. It took 1 week exactly. They've been pretty secretive about the whole process though.

By random, I meant that I've been told the list is unranked by a former student. Some schools separate the list by 3rds, hi-lo priority, or actually have an order 1st - 30th setup. SUNY as far as I've been told pretty much pulls our names out of a hat.


out of a hat????? are you kidding?
 
medschool9 said:
out of a hat????? are you kidding?
Well, I don't think they physically pull our names out of a hat. Just that there's no order to it.

If they had a ranked system I think they'd let us know. There's no advantage to being vague about everything.
 
Apparition said:
Has anyone called them lately?

DrKitty - when's your orientation at Upstate?


Orientation at Upstate starts on August 22nd. For some reason, I have really been counting on Downstate movement, but as of now, it seems hopeless. I love Upstate, but would really love to stay in NYC and there is much more job opportunities for my fiance here. Oh well.

Mooby, a match program sounds great.
 
DrKitty said:
Orientation at Upstate starts on August 22nd. For some reason, I have really been counting on Downstate movement, but as of now, it seems hopeless. I love Upstate, but would really love to stay in NYC and there is much more job opportunities for my fiance here. Oh well.

Mooby, a match program sounds great.

i'm in the same position, and I also thought downstate's list would move a lot more than it has...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well. That's the first solid information I've heard from them. Guess it's pretty much done unless someone fails to show for orientation.
 
Bump.

Argh...I really hope there's a little movement left. In my case, I'm really hoping for some OoS movement since those are the spots I need to open.

GLTA :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:
 
Mooby said:
Bump.

Argh...I really hope there's a little movement left. In my case, I'm really hoping for some OoS movement since those are the spots I need to open.

GLTA :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:


Good luck, Mooby :luck: I am moving to Syracuse on Monday, but if I get the call from Downstate, I am making a U-turn 🙂 Good luck everybody.
 
Bump. Any news?

On the miracles thread, 2 more people were just admitted to Upstate. Let's hope downstate has some movement during orientation week.
 
Bump. Anything?

Saw that someone just got in today at NYCOM. Hope there's still some movement left. Even though Orientation has begun.
 
I already moved to Syracuse today, love my new apt, so much more spacious than the one I had in NYC 🙂 My hope for Downstate is slowly dying.
 
DrKitty said:
I already moved to Syracuse today, love my new apt, so much more spacious than the one I had in NYC 🙂 My hope for Downstate is slowly dying.

Good luck to you at Upstate.

I'm still kind of addicted to this board. GLTA :luck:

Still hoping. Although, there probably isn't any chance now.
 
Bump. Any news?

Looks pretty dead here.

I did see on the Jefferson thread that one person received a deferred acceptance 14days after school started there. I've never heard of SUNY-Downstate doing anything like that, but who knows.

GLTA :luck:
 
One more person off the Alternate List. I started at UMDNJ-NJMS. Good luck to you all. It looks tight.