DPM mentors network

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ill be a doc soon

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this service? I recently signed up and I requested a Podiatrist to come in and shadow him, but its been almost a week and ive gotten no response. Im in the Socal area btw.

Members don't see this ad.

They replied to me after a long time and gave me a DPM to shadow. But I kept calling the DPM but didn't get a response

Contacted the DPM mentorship people as well with no response

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried that same process and it didn't help me at all. Here's my advice on how to find a podiatrist to shadow:

1) Consider asking family members/friends if they've ever visited a podiatrist. If someone has given you the name of a podiatrist you could call their office and explain your interest in shadowing and how you heard about them.
2) Ask your undergrad university if they have any alumni that are podiatrists.
3) Google podiatrists in your area and call.
4) Last option: go in to these offices and ask.

Podiatry is a small field relative to the rest of medicine and these dr's understand that you have to do this as part of the process.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly DPM network has shown to me thats its a joke. It takes a lot of time to hear back and its almost like the DPM isn't expecting your email cause they never respond.

Reactions: 1 user
I had success using the DPM mentor program. Also had to have them contact the DPM they matched me with to confirm and they followed up very quickly.