DPMS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we finding out final results this week? what day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Are we finding out final results this week? what day?

During my interview they made it seem like it would be this week... but maybe it won’t be until later

Reactions: 1 users
This is so stressful, lol

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do any past students have recommendations on student health insurance? I heard the drexel one is really expensive.

You have the option of using your parents’ health insurance. If you can’t have that, then you have the option of getting the Drexel student insurance that’s about $3k. You can get financial aid to pay for that. Also, the state of PA has Medicaid that you can apply for that’s free. I’m sure there are more options, but these options are the most commonly used ones.

Any news of when we may be hearing back? I'm hoping it will be this week.

Any news of when we may be hearing back? I'm hoping it will be this week.

So I called today and the woman said they are likely making decisions now and that we will hear by next week. I’m not sure if this is knowledge she assumes or concrete facts but maybe let’s just assume next week and be happy if we get it sooner haha

Reactions: 3 users
Released my acceptance to DPMS yesterday. Hopefully, it helps one of y'all! Wishing all of you the best!

Is it an issue if I submit my AMCAS primary with a school listed that isn't Drexel? I'm not sure when the response will come and I don't want to delay my submission in the case it isn't an acceptance.

Is it an issue if I submit my AMCAS primary with a school listed that isn't Drexel? I'm not sure when the response will come and I don't want to delay my submission in the case it isn't an acceptance.

I don’t think that’s a problem. If you get into DPMS though you’ll just need to take them off but applying before you know isn’t an issue I don’t think

I don’t think that’s a problem. If you get into DPMS though you’ll just need to take them off but applying before you know isn’t an issue I don’t think

It’s a matter if you want to waste all that money or not. If you get into DPMS Drexel will waive you’re amcas application fee. You should be hearing back next week about the second round. I would try to hold off until then because that’s still within a week of amcas and it saves you some money. You can always try calling Drexel and seeing what they advise you do

Spent the day in Philly sight seeing museums and the downtown area (The Mutter Museum is awesome). Hoping we will hear back this week. Good luck everyone!

Spent the day in Philly sight seeing museums and the downtown area (The Mutter Museum is awesome). Hoping we will hear back this week. Good luck everyone!
Good luck to you too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have! If you got in message me and I’ll share it and add you
Just out of curiosity, how many people are currently on the FB group?
Might be nice to have a rough idea of how many spots are still available.
All this waiting is just tad bit anxiety inducing -_-

Reactions: 1 user
Just out of curiosity, how many people are currently on the FB group?
Might be nice to have a rough idea of how many spots are still available.
All this waiting is just tad bit anxiety inducing -_-

Currently it’s just the summer TAs. I just want to remind you all that they over accept! They are aiming for a class of 44 but are sending out like 60 acceptances cause some will deny. More than half the spots are up for grabs!

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah my portal updated. Sadly it’s a rejection, so I’ll be going to the MBS program. Good luck everyone

I just had a heart attack my portal is not updated yet but phew!

Yeah my portal updated. Sadly it’s a rejection, so I’ll be going to the MBS program. Good luck everyone

I checked my portal and it was not updated, however, this must mean decisions are being released ~soonish~

I’m sorry about the result but I wish you the BEST in the MBS program

I checked my portal and it was not updated, however, this must mean decisions are being released ~soonish~

I’m sorry about the result but I wish you the BEST in the MBS program

If you guys don’t hear back today, I can ask tomorrow! Might have an update for you by the late afternoon

Mine did not update on the website but I received an email about housing contract to sign and send back. I guess this means I have been accepted. I'm over the moon. Thank God!

Mine did not update on the website but I received an email about housing contract to sign and send back. I guess this means I have been accepted. I'm over the moon. Thank God!
Congrats!! Same here, hoping to get the acceptance email to make sure :))

Congrats!! Same here, hoping to get the acceptance email to make sure :))
I called them and they said an acceptance email is on the way, we were supposed to get it before the housing email but for some reason we didn't. but it's on the way :)

I called them and they said an acceptance email is on the way, we were supposed to get it before the housing email but for some reason we didn't. but it's on the way :)
Thank you for the info!

*Refreshing email and portal every 30 seconds, while hyperventilating into a brown paper bag*
Good luck everyone! It'll be nice to at least get some closure today.

I just got the acceptance letter (11am)...I like how they sent the housing form first. Anyways I will most likely decline, retake the MCAT and hope for the best for 2020. Congrats to those accepted...Good luck to those on the waitlist and for those not accepted this year, keep you head up.

*Refreshing email and portal every 30 seconds, while hyperventilating into a brown paper bag*
Good luck everyone! It'll be nice to at least get some closure today.

My portal isnt updated! Can you let me know as soon as yours does? I interviewed on the second of may

I'm also under review still, so no update.

I hope soon!!! Whether it’s an acceptance or rejection, I just want to know at this point!

I agree! It’s definitely going to be this week though so at least we will will know in the next 2 days :)

Wait so not all acceptances will be sent today?

I’m not sure. It’s possible they are all being sent today but it’s not something I know for sure. It’s important to stay hopeful, especially since many of us haven’t gotten official rejections in our portals yet.

Just got off the phone with the person in charge of the housing and she said that is mandatory to meet contract.

Last year 2 people did not stay in stiles. But one was married and one had kids. So unless you have these circumstances I would assume you might need to stay on stiles

So only one person has received an acceptance letter so far?

So only one person has received an acceptance letter so far?

I think 3 from the forums since there were 2 people who said they got housing emails which go along with the acceptance :). I actually spoke with Kareem who said we’ll all be hearing back this week and to just stay calm so... that’s all we can do I guess

I received an acceptance after the housing email. Wishing those who have not heard back yet all the best and can’t wait to meet everyone in July :)

For those referred to other programs, did you guys actually apply to these programs as well, or were they just automatically offered to you?

I received an acceptance after the housing email. Wishing those who have not heard back yet all the best and can’t wait to meet everyone in July :)

Congratulations!!

I was told that acceptances went out today!