DPT Admissions Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT0315

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone would like to, please provide an opinion if my chances are good/need to improve anything, etc.

School attended: USF Honors College
overall gpa: 3.75
prereq gpa: 3.86
Last 60 hours: Not exactly sure, but I know my last 35 hours were 4.0
GRE: 155 (69%) V, 155 (59%) Q, 5.0 (93%) AWA
Hours: 300+ outpatient (5 different settings with different specialities such as neuro, ortho, peds, etc. and PT tech) and 88 hours acute care and 34 hours inpatient.
ECs: Student research assistant, thesis completion via honors college, peer leader in general chemistry, peer tutor in general chemistry, writer for the odyssey, part of the dance program, part of FPTO, choreographer, volunteer for arthritis foundation, feeding america, and diabetes association.

Schools already applied to: UCF, USF, FIU, and Nova-Tampa
Schools going to apply to: UF (debating, don't think my stats are good enough for sure), FGCU, USA, Nova-Ft. Lauderdale, and possibly UM (debating, also don't think my stats are good enough for sure)

Thank you, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you have a terrible interview, I don't see how you wouldn't get in. Your stats are fantastic. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you have a terrible interview, I don't see how you wouldn't get in. Your stats are fantastic. Good luck!
Oh okay, that's good to hear. Thank you! I also know this is probably going to be a dumb question, but what is considered a bad interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay, that's good to hear. Thank you! I also know this is probably going to be a dumb question, but what is considered a bad interview?
If you come off as awkward, don't answer the questions completely, don't communicate clearly with the interviewer, etc. The best advice I can give you is to relax and be yourself! The best interviews are the ones that feel like a conversation. They just want to see that you can communicate clearly and that you have a passion for the field.

If someone would like to, please provide an opinion if my chances are good/need to improve anything, etc.

School attended: USF Honors College
overall gpa: 3.75
prereq gpa: 3.86
Last 60 hours: Not exactly sure, but I know my last 35 hours were 4.0
GRE: 155 (69%) V, 155 (59%) Q, 5.0 (93%) AWA
Hours: 300+ outpatient (5 different settings with different specialities such as neuro, ortho, peds, etc. and PT tech) and 88 hours acute care and 34 hours inpatient.
ECs: Student research assistant, thesis completion via honors college, peer leader in general chemistry, peer tutor in general chemistry, writer for the odyssey, part of the dance program, part of FPTO, choreographer, volunteer for arthritis foundation, feeding america, and diabetes association.

Schools already applied to: UCF, USF, FIU, and Nova-Tampa
Schools going to apply to: UF (debating, don't think my stats are good enough for sure), FGCU, USA, Nova-Ft. Lauderdale, and possibly UM (debating, also don't think my stats are good enough for sure)

Thank you, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Your stats are more than fine, I'll be suprised if you don't get into most of them. Just write a great essay and rock your interviews and you should be right as rain.

If you come off as awkward, don't answer the questions completely, don't communicate clearly with the interviewer, etc. The best advice I can give you is to relax and be yourself! The best interviews are the ones that feel like a conversation. They just want to see that you can communicate clearly and that you have a passion for the field.

Okay, thank you! I do get some anxiety in situations like these, so I hope it doesn't show through. Thank you for that advice!

You look like you have great stats! Remember UF doesnt interview either if you are worried about that. Neither does USF.

You look like you have great stats! Remember UF doesnt interview either if you are worried about that. Neither does USF.

Thank you! I am slightly worried about the interview, and I was aware UF didn't interview but I didn't know USF didn't interview either! I should've known that since I go to USF, haha. But thanks for the info! That makes me feel a little better.

Thank you! I am slightly worried about the interview, and I was aware UF didn't interview but I didn't know USF didn't interview either! I should've known that since I go to USF, haha. But thanks for the info! That makes me feel a little better.

And you should definitely apply to UF. You have great stats.

Hi, I am going to be applying to Columbia, Stony Brook, Touro, NYMC, NYIT, NYU, U of Scranton, U of Miami, U of Maryland-Eastern Shore and Lebanon Valley College. I have a 3.65 overall GPA, and about a 3.60 Pre-Req GPA. I will be racking up my observation hours this summer in 2 in-patient settings and an outpatient setting. I am apart of 2 honor societies, have held a part-time job for 5 years now, volunteered at places around my school and did intramural sports. I am taking my GRE this summer before I apply, so I am hoping for a high score to make my resume better. I am wondering what my chances are for the schools I listed above or any chance at all of getting accepted to PT school. Thank you!!