dpt finances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredpt20221

Reaction score
Hi, I'm applying this cycle and the idea of student loans and being in 130k+ of debt has been on my mind a lot recently.
does anyone know of cheaper programs/programs that typically offer good financial aid or merit scholarships to incoming first years?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There are cheaper state programs, but very competitive to get into. My advice: just don’t do it. Do PA school or even BSN to NP or CRNA school.

Reactions: 1 user
Typically the cheaper programs are going to be state programs, or if there’s a program near your hometown where you could save some money by living with your parents. I know my program doesn’t offer scholarships or financial aid, only federal loans, but there might be some out there that do? It’s always worth asking the programs directly

There are cheaper state programs, but very competitive to get into. My advice: just don’t do it. Do PA school or even BSN to NP or CRNA school.
I wouldn't take this advice. Don't go into a different career if you're passionate about PT. As the above person state, find a state school/ independent scholarships etc.